Rosemary & Lemongrass

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Reaction score
Here's this weekend's unscheduled project -- after a friend bought out every bar I had. It's my very favorite and very popular with my friends. Scented with rosemary, lemongrass, and cedarwood essential oils. Colored with titanium dioxide and uncolored. I call it "Spring Clean." Two loaves, each with a separate base and accent color.
20220502_192240.jpg 20220502_192341.jpg 20220502_190954.jpg

Reaction score
Looks lovely and creamy Mr Zing. How disappointing that you couldn't achieve any glycerin rivers though! ;)
You can just hush now, Ms. KiwiMoose! I am quite, what's the word I'm looking for, chuffed that I have successfully avoided those rivers after just one unfortunate mishap. However, it was that very mishap using this very recipe that led me to this Forum -- and the discovery of an entire sub-culture, rabbit holes, and YouTube channels -- after I googled "what are these ridges in my homemade soap?"

Ochre+Co

Reaction score
And now I’m motivated to pull out my rosemary eo for some soap. I haven’t had the desire to use it. The smell OOB is pungent. How do you find it after settling in soap?

Reaction score
I don't know what OOB is.
I have long used rosemary and lemongrass. It is my favorite. I'm just a hobbyist that forces soap on everyone I see and it is one of the most requested bars I make.
And now I’m motivated to pull out my rosemary eo for some soap. I haven’t had the desire to use it. The smell OOB is pungent. How do you find it after settling in soap?

Ochre+Co

Reaction score
I have long used rosemary and lemongrass. It is my favorite. I'm just a hobbyist that forces soap on everyone I see and it is one of the most requested bars I make.

OOB means out of bottle. It reminds me of cough syrup.

I, too, ensure my friends and family are well stocked. My sister came over, and I gave her half a batch of dual lye shave soaps. 🤣

Reaction score
Here's this weekend's unscheduled project -- after a friend bought out every bar I had. It's my very favorite and very popular with my friends. Scented with rosemary, lemongrass, and cedarwood essential oils. Colored with titanium dioxide and uncolored. I call it "Spring Clean." Two loaves, each with a separate base and accent color.
View attachment 66497 View attachment 66498 View attachment 66499
Sounds lovely, may I kindly request your EO ratio? I have these oils and thinking to sell them off as my customers don’t really like EO scents. But maybe I’ll give your EO blend a try.
Thank you

Reaction score
What, no glycerin rivers, for shame... 🤣 🤣 Beautiful soap Zing. OOB is usually out of the bottle. I also used to make a rosemary, lemongrass and cedarwood which was a good seller for me, I do not remember my percentages, although I think my cedarwood was higher. Thank you for posting your percentages.

Reaction score
I could just cut and paste my initial post! After a second friend bought up all my "Spring Clean" I made 2 more batches. Colored with titanium dioxide and un. Scented with lemongrass and rosemary (titch of cedarwood) essential oils. Was pretty proud of my emulsion which allowed me more time.
20220525_203054.jpg

Attachments

• 20220502_192240.jpg
    20220502_192240.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts