Rosemary Lemongrass CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my shipment of FO's and EO's from Brambleberry the day before yesterday, so yesterday was soaping day. My first batch was CP. I used some dried and ground Rosemary from my back yard. I ground it up with a mortar and pestle to a fairly fine powder. I wanted something natural in there to make some specks. The scent is Lemongrass EO. I love the scent and so does my family. When my 11 year old came home yesterday after I made the batch he walked in and said, "OMG it smells delicious in here!"

I used one of my plastic molds too. Mineral oil works great as a mold release. I put a small amount on my finger tip and spread it around all over the inside of the mold. The soaps came right out without freezing, banging or cursing. ;) Next time I'll use a darker colorant to better show the details. The bottom photo is the loaf I made with the rest of the batch. This batch didn't gel, but I intentionally gelled the cats.

Me love lemongrass also :) And I LOOOVEEE the kitty!

Thanks for the tip with using mineral oil. I must try this the next time I use my plastic molds.

Back