Rosemary and...?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry Rosemary, I just don't like you. Every soap I've every put you in is stinky too my nose. However, I know some people do like you, so how could I use you better in blends to be appealing to Rosemary lovers? I've looked on EO calc and found a few, but thought my mates here on SMF might have a few recommendations too.
Other Eos I have on hand: Patchouli, orange, lemongrass, cedar wood, elemi, litsea, tangerine, rose geranium, ylang ylang, lavender (and others that I can't remember offhand....
Hit me with some ideas folks!

I like the calm blend on eocalc, which is spearmint, rosemary and lavender. It‘s a scent I would expect at a spa (if I ever went to one…).
I did see that and was considering using it. But then I saw one with patchouli in it too, and we all know how much I love patchouli...

OK - I dunnit.
35% Lavender
30% Rosemary
15% Cedarwood
10% Patchouli
10% Tangerine
Smells pretty good!
As a patchouli fan (ME2), I’m curious if you’ve ever used EO Calc’s “Hippie Mint” 5% Spearmint, 15% Peppermint & 80% patchouli? What is your fave patchouli blend (if not proprietary of course)?

As a patchouli fan (ME2), I’m curious if you’ve ever used EO Calc’s “Hippie Mint” 5% Spearmint, 15% Peppermint & 80% patchouli? What is your fave patchouli blend (if not proprietary of course)?
I don't really have a favourite 'blend' per se - I pretty much put it with anything lol. i like it if it's sweet - and I recently used patchouli with anjou pear FO and that smells lovely.

I LOVE rosemary, it's one of the things I miss about California. The last scented batch I made was Rosemary/Lavender/Tangerine, turned out pretty awesome. It was supposed to have lemon, but didn't have any, and if I were to change anything it'd be to up the tangerine a bit. I believe the ratio was 3:2:1.

Back