Rosemary and ???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOGal70

Reaction score
I HATE the smell of rosemary!

And with that being said, I do want to use it in my poo bar because I do want it's reported benefits. Can someone recommend something to blend with it to tame it down.

I have:

Cedarwood
Patchouli
Peppermint
Orange
Grapefruit
Lemongrass
Lemon

but I am willing to buy another one if you all can recommend something for me.

I recently did a rosemary with lemon and lemongrass that I like. One part each of rosemary and lemongrass to 2 parts lemon. If you hate rosemary increase both the lemongrass and the lemon. Haven't tried the rosemary with peppermint yet but that is on my list.

Try a sniff test of each-put a drop onto a q-tip and put it in a baggie. Come back to them and take a whiff and see which combo you like best. That way you take some of the guesswork out of it. I like a combo of lemon, orange, rosemary, and lavender a lot!

Thank you! I did put a few combo's on cotton balls and put them in baggies this morning, of course none of them smelled good to me because I had so many sents floating around! I think I did a rosemary / peppermint, but if not I will try that, and the rosemary / lemon / lemongrass sounds promising.

I ended up using equal parts: rosemary & peppermint and about double that lemon & lemongrass. The lemongrass is what is comming thru the most.

I didn't use exact measurements though.

Rosemary always reminds me of my Grans old medicine cabinet, however I have recently made a Lemon, Rosemary and Honey bar.. works well.

Your first two suggestions are both things that I have used and love. I have also used 3/4 lavender and the remainder split between rosemary and lemon. I heard recently that some rosemary is cut with eucalyptus, I have purchased from two different sources and one was much better, a more pure scent.

Back