Rose suggestions for Rose Haterz

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarah

Reaction score
I do not like powdery old fashioned rose scents and strangely I don’t think I know know many people who really do. I would like to try a rose scent that is nice and rich but not, for lack of a better word gross? 😂
I have some nice FO’s like ‘Rose Quartz’ and ‘Rose Gold’ from BB but those are just fruity musky perfume like scents.
Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a nice rose?

I'm not really a rose fragrance person, so I guess I may be harder to please. My favorite is Bulgarian White Rose from Oregon Trail. A really pretty rose not heavy or powdery, just fresh and realistic. And importantly ...no acceleration and no discoloration.

I love English Tea Rose from WSP, it's very much like a fresh cut rose. It's a quick one, so you have to keep that in mind. Like so quick that you'll want to only do a single color and pour immediately with a flat top (I tried to texture the top on it one time....eww.)

I am not fond of Rose but do like Rose Bouquet which was previously from Peak. It can now be purchased from Keystone Candle Supply and Fragrance Buddy two places that I know carry it. It soaps very nicely with enough time to swirl.

I prefer the Wild Rose from BB. To me it smells the most like roses from my garden of all Ones I’ve tried.

Latest posts

Back