Rose scents and other flowers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saipan

Reaction score
So I searched for the keyword rose, and didn't find anything recent, so....

Does anyone know of a Rose Fragrance Oil that "does not" cause acceleration in the extreme? I've used Brambleberry's English Rose, and Natures Garden's Fresh Cut Roses, and both seem to accelerate at warp speed.

Or does anyone know how to prevent acceleration with floral scents? Such as some kind of additive?

Yup, florals do not play nice. I use NG Fresh Cut Roses without too much trouble mixed with Honeysuckle. They move fast but I can usually get a decent 2 color swirl going.

I soap cool and only blend to emulsion then hand stir the rest.

True Rose from SweetCakes behaves nice enough for me, and with a 33% lye solution, no less. It's a really lovely rose scent, too.

Just In case you are looking for other florals that do well in CP, the following also behave very nicely for me:

Orange Blossom (SweetCakes)
Blooming Violets (Daystar)
Violet Bouquet (WSP)
Jasmine Yin Hao (Oregon Trails)
Confederate Jasmine (Oregon Trails)

IrishLass :)

I 100% second Violet Bouquet from WSP. I mix it with rose and its not too bad.

You can also use that acceleration to your advantage to get nice layers that set up so you don't get break through your layers (I learned that tip from someone here!)

What does WSP translate to?

And I'm fairly new to soap, haven't tried layers yet.

Rose petals from Camden Grey does not accelerate at all. Their 'wild rose' has minimal acceleration. I like both of them, prefer the wild rose since it is less grandmotherly...LOL

I've blended some florals and found it helped against acceleration. I blend Plumeria from Bamble Berry with Crisp Anjou Pear and it leaves me time to swirl. Also Sweet Pea isn't a bad one from Bramble Berry.

Thank you all for the responses. I think I'm going to try the Camden Grey Rose Petals. Oddly the people that want this scent are all grandmothers.

Latest posts

Back