Rose scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakycleanuk

Reaction score
Obviously I can't afford to use rose EO to scent my soap but I was wondering if there are other (effective) ways to do it. I was thinking of infusing rose petals in OO and using rose water for the water part but I've got a feeling that I'd be wasting both my time and money. Would the scent from either of these methods survive saponification?

Not likely, unfortunately. Maybe with hot process when you add your colorants and scents after the cook. There are some really lovely rose fragrance oils though.

I use Geranium EO from Essential Depot; it's still not "cheap" but it has a gorgeous real rose scent and the natural-lovers think it's great. :-D

Ah shame, although I half expected you all to say it wouldn't work but I was still hopeful. I have been using a rose geranium eo which I love but I still wanted to create a pure rose soap somehow but I guess it just isn't to be (sigh). Thank you for your replies and suggestions though, much appreciated :razz:
Margo- I have never heard of guaicawood, must look into it.

You can still do an all rose soap, just need to an EO or FO. I have some Rose Geranium and it is nice, gotta' look up the other one.

I made an all rose soap with homemade rose water, rose infused OO, rosehip infused OO, roseclay, and Rose Geranium, oh, and Evening Primrose was another oil. I just wanted everything rose I could find. Only the RG essential oil left a pleasant rose aroma.

Oh yeah, I know evening primrose is not a rose flower and is a cute little flower, but it had rose in the name, and is nice in soap, lol.

Back