Rose / rose geranium FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I am making a pink lace soap for my granddaughter’s christening. For the sample I used a rose geranium EO (sold as an EO but I am not sure it was). My DIL likes the smell, but when I just shopped for RG EO the price has gone through the roof since I bought it last. Admittedly that was probably at least ten years ago, but the soap I just made still smells great. Anyone have a rose or rose geranium FO they would recommend? I’ve been wandering around this forum and the internet and am starting to glaze over. TIA.

Hi all, I am making a pink lace soap for my granddaughter’s christening. For the sample I used a rose geranium EO (sold as an EO but I am not sure it was). My DIL likes the smell, but when I just shopped for RG EO the price has gone through the roof since I bought it last. Admittedly that was probably at least ten years ago, but the soap I just made still smells great. Anyone have a rose or rose geranium FO they would recommend? I’ve been wandering around this forum and the internet and am starting to glaze over. TIA.
https://www.chemistrystore.com/product.cgi?group=599&product=21027This is reasonable and very nice. I use in charcoal soap.

This is one of my all-time favorite EO Blends from Rainbow Meadows. I always have a supply on the shelf. I use it in transparent soap, lotion, body mist, face cream. It's one of those scents that attract attention but is not cloying or "in-your-face". You can play around with the ratios to suit your nose. :)

Storytales II Blend
Air or Aroma Spritz, Bath, Cologne, Soap, Calm, Centering

Geranium, Rose 2
Palmarosa 1
Rosewood 1

https://www.chemistrystore.com/product.cgi?group=599&product=21027This is reasonable and very nice. I use in charcoal soap.
Belated thanks!

This is one of my all-time favorite EO Blends from Rainbow Meadows. I always have a supply on the shelf. I use it in transparent soap, lotion, body mist, face cream. It's one of those scents that attract attention but is not cloying or "in-your-face". You can play around with the ratios to suit your nose. :)

Storytales II Blend
Air or Aroma Spritz, Bath, Cologne, Soap, Calm, Centering

Geranium, Rose 2
Palmarosa 1
Rosewood 1
Belated thanks! ! I love rosewood but it has gotten SO expensive. I have started using Ho Wood which is reasonably priced and a good substitute. However, the name is problematic for labeling.

Belated thanks! ! I love rosewood but it has gotten SO expensive. I have started using Ho Wood which is reasonably priced and a good substitute. However, the name is problematic for labeling.
I hear ya! I recently called out on my facebook group for possible names for a beer soap I made . One of the options was 'Beer and a Ho' ( used Ho Leaf EO) which got a couple of votes! lol.

Hahaha I love it! 😄 I’m guessing you went with another name?
I googled “synonyms for Ho Wood” and the Urban Dictionary definition came up…eek. (My son thought it was hilarious.) My soap is for sale at a Shaker Museum gift store (celibate society from the 1800s). Seriously, I’m not sure what to do! Latin name is Cinnamomum camphora which makes it sound like it is cinnamony and camphory. Only other name I can find is “Shiu oil.” Oh well, the label font is pretty small, I’ll just go with it.

Hahaha I love it! 😄 I’m guessing you went with another name?
I googled “synonyms for Ho Wood” and the Urban Dictionary definition came up…eek. (My son thought it was hilarious.) My soap is for sale at a Shaker Museum gift store (celibate society from the 1800s). Seriously, I’m not sure what to do! Latin name is Cinnamomum camphora which makes it sound like it is cinnamony and camphory. Only other name I can find is “Shiu oil.” Oh well, the label font is pretty small, I’ll just go with it.
I've been to that museum! I could have actually sniffed your soap if you've had it there for 5 years.

I went to the Shaker Village in Kentucky when I lived there about 27 years ago. Interesting that they were celibate - did they not think that one through in terms of faith longevity?
i know, I can’t defend it! They were smart though and invented things like seed packets. They were the first people in my town to have electricity and telephones. People sometimes mix up the Shakers and the Amish. Very different. They embraced technology, but not each other, at least not… like that.

Yes - Lager, Lime and Sandalwood.

How about Ravintsara for name?
Excellent idea! Thank you. Could be confused with Ravensara but I doubt any soap buyers would know what that is.

Back