Rose on Rose Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Here is what I made yesterday for my stress relief from the TOG shop. :D The scent is Rose Petals from KY Candle. I made the base a pink with a red swirl. I got to play with new ingredients and swirling in my TOG 12/24 Mold. Hope you think they are sellable for V-Day! :roll:

In the mold just after complete gel.
Picture031.jpg

After popping out of the dividers and beveling edges;
rosesoap001.jpg

rosesoap003.jpg

Paul.... :wink:

That display is way too pretty. Gorgeous soap and I bet it smells better than it looks.

Very pretty! Yes, I think they will make great Val day soaps. Is the lighter pink a clay? How did you get the two tones of pink?

Thanks everyone! The scent is a really nice rose scent. Next one, I'm putting dried rose petals on top.
Woodi, no clay, I have never had any clay to try, even though I wish I had! The base I used pink marines and the darker swirl is red marine. I mixed the pink in with my goat milk and whisked with the stick blender. Since this was a floral, I did not use the blender end with my SB but rather the whisk attachment. I whisked until emulsification, then finished by hand whisking. I poured, put the top on the mold, and 5 hours later was beveling the edges. Woodi, I think you, too, will love this mold! Hope you get it tomorrow or Tuesday! Let me know when it arrives.

Paul.... :wink:

Beautiful soaps Paul! I'll have to ask you for a swirlling tutorial once I get up and running! You seem to have that down to a science.

wow They almost good enought to eat!! I love roses myself hoping to buy rose scent next payday, however I was at the healthefood store (wildoats) and there rose oil had 5%percent absolute And therein lies my delima what does it mean %5 absolute some other scents also would have an absolute too. ( I dont think im using the word correctly)

I did buy lavender and cinnomon leaf and a spritz bottle for starters

those are so very pretty... maybe I need a beveller with my cutter... ya know, free shipping and all... ;) you just run it through on all 4 corners before you slice the loaf, correct?

so pretty...

motherhues said:
those are so very pretty... maybe I need a beveller with my cutter... ya know, free shipping and all... ;) you just run it through on all 4 corners before you slice the loaf, correct?

so pretty...

Yup you run all 12 edges over the beveler in about 6 or 7 seconds...done!

Thanks to everyone. :D This may end up being one of my V-Day swap items.

Paul

Latest posts

Back