Rose Maroc 5% in Grapeseed EO - what dilution?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapgeek

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a bottle of Rose Maroc EO 5% dilution in grapeseed... I'd like to use this in a CP soap, could anyone advise me what dilution I would use please, as it's already diluted?

Many thanks, stay safe!

Many people scent CP soap at 3% to 6% fragrance per pound of oils, assuming the EOs or FOs are skin safe at that dosage.

The cost of many EOs makes them prohibitive to use them in soap, however. The other problem is many EOs tend to fade fast in soap.

Your EO is already diluted 20 to 1, and I bet it was expensive even at that dilution. I'm not sure it's going to be reasonable to scent CP soap with this oil and get a decent strength of scent.

Another thing is rose EO is a tricky one to use and get the scent right. I have a Bulgarian rose EO that I like in lotion. It's a wonderful true, sweet rose scent if used in tiny amounts, but it smells sour like cheap "old lady" perfume if I add it with a free hand.

Many people scent CP soap at 3% to 6% fragrance per pound of oils, assuming the EOs or FOs are skin safe at that dosage.

The cost of many EOs makes them prohibitive to use them in soap, however. The other problem is many EOs tend to fade fast in soap.

Your EO is already diluted 20 to 1, and I bet it was expensive even at that dilution. I'm not sure it's going to be reasonable to scent CP soap with this oil and get a decent strength of scent.

Another thing is rose EO is a tricky one to use and get the scent right. I have a Bulgarian rose EO that I like in lotion. It's a wonderful true, sweet rose scent if used in tiny amounts, but it smells sour like cheap "old lady" perfume if I add it with a free hand.

Ah, thank you, I hadn't even considered those points... 😊

Latest posts

Back