Rose Geranium & Patchouli CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapgeek

Reaction score
This is my 5th batch, just poured, made with POO/CO/SAO/Castor, with Rose Geranium, Patchouli, Bergamot EOs. It's now in the mould, sleeping, I'm hoping it doesn't get too hot, but I'd like it to go through full gel phase...

Attachments

• 20200522_133800.jpg
    20200522_133800.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200522_134715.jpg
    20200522_134715.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 22
sorry to be dumb, but what is POO and SAO? CO is coconut oil, right? The EO blend sounds very delicious to me. What is the size of this batch? Did you color it, or is that just the Pachouly oil showing? Don't forget to post the cut photos!

Hi,

POO is Pomace Olive Oil
SAO is Sweet Almond Oil
Yes, CO is Coconut Oil

I've made a 500g batch, no colours, just the Essential Oils - I haven't used any colourants yet with any of the batches I've made, I need to get brave lol, so it must be the oils that have given it the colour... 🙂

Ahhh update...

So, I've just looked at the soap I moulded yesterday... it was pretty warm in its towel yesterday, but it looks to have partially gelled again, like my previous attempt... It doesn't feel like there's any residual heat in it, but I've not unmoulded it, I'll do it tomorrow, and slice it then. Also, like the previous batch that partially gelled, this soap feels softish (certainly softer than my co/po/poo attempts).

Out of the batches I've made so far, the first two worked ok and gelled fine (POO, CO, PO), but the last two only partially gelled (POO, CO, SB, CO [one batch also had SAO])... perhaps the PO is key? More experimenting is needed!!

I had some fab advice from @DeeAnna yesterday, but I'd already made the soap, so I'm going to see if it helps with my next batch... #notgivingin!

Attachments

• 20200523_220307.jpg
    20200523_220307.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back