Rose clay bath bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayJay

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So... I decided to make my first bath bomb last night while in a hurry at bedtime. I already knew that my worst work happens under these kinds of circumstances. But I was feeling more artistic than scientific so I went for it withought doing much planning.

I used:
2:1 baking soda to citric acid
Drizzle of melted coconut oil
Sprinkle of salt
FO to my liking
Couple of spritzes of witch hazel
And a blop of rose clay (which turned out to be way too much for the size of my batch)

I was mostly playing around. I only made enough for 3 very small testers. It was probably enough to make 1 small round bomb.

Results:
It fizzed! (Happy)
It smelled great. (Happy)
My water was a pretty pink for about 30 seconds, (Happy) then my pretty rose colored water turned into a funky greasy pink ring around my tub.

I felt like this:

image.jpg

Thank you for the empathy. That's awfully kind of ya! ::smile:
Success is nothing more than a fleeting moment of glory...soon replaced with our need to repeat it.
With failure comes wisdom...that lurking memory will forever guide you in future projects.
More importantly your failure will guide us in future projects...and for that I thank you.

Success is nothing more than a fleeting moment of glory...soon replaced with our need to repeat it.
With failure comes wisdom...that lurking memory will forever guide you in future projects.
More importantly your failure will guide us in future projects...and for that I thank you.

Aw, that was beautiful! Thank you for the encouragement! :mrgreen:

It seem like at this point in my soaping development, the only information I that I can share with others is about what "not" to do.

I'm good with that.

I found that mixing a little emulsifying wax in with my molten oils minimizes (does not entirely eliminate it) the bath tub ring on my bath melts/salts/bombs.

Love the graphic too! Never used rose clay though and thanks for posting. Now I know not to!

Hey Not Ally, how YOU doin! Hehe!

Re: the graphic. Thank you! My brain works strangely. I haven't read that book since I was a kid, but it immediately popped into my head. I was actually standing in my bathroom wishing I had Thing 1 and Thing 2 to clean it for me. But I don't remember the story well enough to know how that turned out. :)

Green Soap, thank you for the tip! I will definitely try that before I give any of these away as gifts.

Perfect graphic!

I like to add in poly 80 at 2% to keep my tub clean... it emulsifies the oils into the water instead of them clinging onto the sides of my tub. My normal bomb recipe probably uses more oil than yours does, so you might need to adjust down the poly percentage.

JayJay, that was cute!
I have never made a bath bomb with oil. Am I doing them wrong? I use, baking soad, citric acid, corn starch and orris root powder with either a clay or not, oh I do use a small amount of epson salt and my eo. They feel good when I tried them out but I have never been a bath person so I'm guessing they are good.
Is there a standard to making these?:think:

There are a ton of different recipes. I like to use oil since I live in a pretty dry climate: my skin likes the oils & it feels like there isn't enough witch hazel in the world to keep the recipe at a properly moldable-wetness otherwise. I actually go for mango butter since many other oils can cause me to have breakouts.

There are a ton of different recipes. I like to use oil since I live in a pretty dry climate: my skin likes the oils & it feels like there isn't enough witch hazel in the world to keep the recipe at a properly moldable-wetness otherwise. I actually go for mango butter since many other oils can cause me to have breakouts.

Good to know, I will be keeping the oil in mind. I will see about recipes too. Thanks

Perfect graphic!

I like to add in poly 80 at 2% to keep my tub clean... it emulsifies the oils into the water instead of them clinging onto the sides of my tub. My normal bomb recipe probably uses more oil than yours does, so you might need to adjust down the poly percentage.

Nice-- I actually have Ploy 80 on my list of supplies to purchase. I've never worked with it before. Thanks for the tip. :)

JayJay, that was cute!
I have never made a bath bomb with oil. Am I doing them wrong? I use, baking soad, citric acid, corn starch and orris root powder with either a clay or not, oh I do use a small amount of epson salt and my eo. They feel good when I tried them out but I have never been a bath person so I'm guessing they are good.
Is there a standard to making these?:think:

Thanks!

What Snappy said-- And i was hoping to find a formula that would eliminate the need for lotion in the summer and help to supplement lotion in the winter.

Back