Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelTenn

Reaction score
I am using Poly 20 in my room spray first attempt. I have used 20% and it is a little clear but still has a white foamy layer at the top. I am out of poly 20 now. Can I add some Poly 80 to it and see if it finished emulsifying? If I add Isopropyl Alcohol will that help? The ingredients are Distilled water, Fragrance Oil, Poly 20, and preservatives.

How much fragrance are you using? Generally around 1% is sufficient in which case 20% polysorbate 20 is too much. try starting at around 5 times the amount of polysorbate to fragrance.

You can use polysorbate 80 as a solubiliser.

I wouldn't recommend using Isopropyl Alcohol as it has a terrible odor. You could definitely add some ethanol at 10 - 20% and this should assist the solubilsation of the fragrance.

Thank you so much the recipe I found uses 5% FO. I ended up using some poly 80 and Isopropyl alcohol and it cleared up. It is a little thick. It will be for friend and family use. I will try to create a different formula to try next.

Back