Rooibos Tea in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome! I love the vertical stripe! Very well done!

Thanks for your comments! It has gone a bit more caramel color as it has cured. But its coming along nicely. I haven't been able to make any soap in awhile bc of spring stuff and growing out some meat chickens for the freezer. I really miss making soap!!! :( And after the chickens it will be putting up things from the garden. I can dream though of what fun I will have when I can catch a break.

It's funny I should happen upon this thread. Just the other day I was eyeballing my Roobios tea bags with just the same thought! lol! Will definately try it now. Thanks for this post! Your soap looks WONDERFUL!

It's funny I should happen upon this thread. Just the other day I was eyeballing my Roobios tea bags with just the same thought! lol! Will definately try it now. Thanks for this post! Your soap looks WONDERFUL!

I hope you try it and post pics! You could even post pics here so people thinking about using this tea can compare the results. I am also looking forward to trying this soap. (even though it is scented for men) Its the first time I have tried this tea and I am wondering if it will contribute any desirable traits in addition to such a neat color. It now is at about 20 days so I still have a little bit to wait. I have found that while a CP soap is nice at 4 wks......6wks is even nicer. So I will probably use it at 4wks and then compare that to how it is at 6wks. Wishing you all lots of soapy fun!

If I EVER decide on a recipe, I'll use the Rooibos tea! lol! I'm thinking what I want to do is grind the dry tea and add right before I pour into mold. I'm sure mine won't look nearly as lovely as yours, but I'm very new to all this. (Nothing fancy just yet) If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will once I get it done.

Soap looks awesome. I just steeped some rooibos; gonna soap it up tomorrow.

Sorry to be pedantic, but rooibos is not technically tea. Tea is an infusion of any variety of Camellia sinensis. Rooibos steeped in h2o is more accurately referred to as a tisane, or an herbal infusion. This is generally true of any plant that you steep in h2o that does not contain caffeine. As a p/t barista and p/t soaper, this sort of thing seems important to me, even if normal folks don't care. =)

But, again, looks great; I love the stripe!

-rob

Last edited:

Sorry to be pedantic, but rooibos is not technically tea. Tea is an infusion of any variety of Camellia sinensis. Rooibos steeped in h2o is more accurately referred to as a tisane, or an herbal infusion. This is generally true of any plant that you steep in h2o that does not contain caffeine. As a p/t barista and p/t soaper, this sort of thing seems important to me, even if normal folks don't care. =)

-rob

Indeed! And don't apologize for pointing out details. If no one was ever worried with details we would all be in a heap of trouble! Hope your soap turned out great!

Your soap looks great! I love the geometric design.
I just recently dived into the "tea world" I'm more a coffee drinker, but I wanted to try something new. I had a few hits and misses... This gave me the idea to use the tea's a didn't really love and put them in soap! :)

-rob

Interesting. So aside from the variety in the flavors, etc. the type of rooibos used could have an impact on the final color because of the variety used in that tea. Thanks for sharing!

How did yours come out? Wanna see pics

I'm still waiting for my shea butter to arrive.:sad: I can't wait to try this!:cool:

I had ordered it from a place on Etsy, and I haven't heard ANYTHING, so I've finally ordered it from Bulk Ap. I know I'll get it in a timely fashion now.

Well, for better or worse, here it is!
I tried doing my first swirl with this, but it didn't turn out, so I had to rebatch. Rebatching meant I lost my swirl, but atleast I have soap! lol!
The little specks in the soap are actual dried tea grounds.

My Rooibos Tea Soap:

Soap 001.jpg

Soap 002.jpg

Latest posts

Back