Roebic

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Bamagirl

Reaction score
I saw this at a local store and was wondering if anyone has used it. It says on the package 100% Lye. It costs more than the one I order online, but I was thinking "in a pinch" if I needed it, I would know where it was. I saw a thread from a few years ago, but wanted to see if anyone still used it or has had any problems with it? Thanks!

GrantLee63

Reaction score
I've used it for years as well and have never had a problem.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Its mostly what I use - my local hardware store is a block away, and I like to shop locally when feasable and do what I can to keep places like that in business.

topofmurrayhill

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this at a local store and was wondering if anyone has used it. It says on the package 100% Lye. It costs more than the one I order online, but I was thinking "in a pinch" if I needed it, I would know where it was. I saw a thread from a few years ago, but wanted to see if anyone still used it or has had any problems with it? Thanks!
Roebic saved my butt recently when I thought I had more lye left than I really did and placed an order too late. It's micro beads like you might get from the usual suppliers. But at $15 for 1 lb, I won't be buying locally. Anyway I found it at Lowe's and they'll be fine without me.