RLI Insurance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darby

Reaction score
Does anyone have RLI product liability insurance? If so, can you share how much it costs and are you satisfied with it?

I need liability insurance and have priced out two so far:

Soapmakers guild is $500
and Indie beauty network is $395

just wondering how much RLI runs.

RLI will run different for pretty much everyone. If you contact them, they'll give you a quote. Some people pay around $150 a year, while some pay 3 times that amount. But I'm satisfied with them.

I wound up going with the soap guild's insurance, but I did request a quote from RLI. They quoted around $200/year but that was at a very low limit, I want to say $25000 liability. Many of the craft fairs and shows around here require a minimum of $1M liability.

Does anyone have RLI product liability insurance? If so, can you share how much it costs and are you satisfied with it?

Soapmakers guild is $500

You have to join the Indie Beauty Network which costs $150. That with the insurance comes to $545.
The Soapmakers Guild is cheaper with insurance and membership $500.

I've been trying to get a quote off the insurance end of the guild because I require $5 million a year in liability.....

I, too, found the guild the best route. My only advice is to make sure the limit you're getting is not a "shared limit." I never would have thought to ask until one of the agents from another firm pointed it out.

Not sure what the $150 premium covers, but the best price I found outside the guild for a $1M policy was around $750. The nice part about the guild is you get a lot of other perks, should you choose to take advantage of them.

I would love more info on insurance, I can only find info from the states. My first quite was 1,400.00

I use RLI because I am primarily a hobbyist and most of my soap that goes into the world is gifts or donations to fundraisers. Just to be on the safe side, I have insurance to cover the donations as money changes hands as the organizations typically auction or raffle the soap. It's about $140 per year. It's not the very lowest category of coverage but fairly close to it.

Soapmakers guild is $500

My RLI policy is about $200. It does have a limitation of $5k in sales per year but it offers $1Mil liability coverage.
I was with the Guild for a year but I could not justify the membership cost with, what I think, is lack of any real value as a member.

I also have RLI but will be changing at the end of my term. I paid $210 for one year. My husband owns an apiary and we want to sell our honey online but RLI will not cover us for that.

Latest posts

Back