Rick's glove hack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I thought I'd share my glove hack as gloves are getting hard to find and way more money than they used to be. So unless you have an air compressor this won't help...but if you do.

Instead of just peeling off the gloves and tossing them. I wash my hands still in the gloves...covid clean. Then I blow them dryish with an air nozzle from the compressor. Then stick the nozzle between skin and glove and the glove inflates and basically almost slides off. All the fingers are straight and next time you soap they are ready to go. I get 5 or 6 uses from pair of gloves now.

I need 50 posts to get some of the places I want to go so hopefully this counts.

Good hack! :)

I don't have an air compressor, but this works just as well for me: I wear cotton/spandex gloves underneath my soaping gloves (because I hate the feel of nitrile or latex or rubber against my bare hands, as well as the sweatiness they cause). Anyway, the under-gloves help the outer-gloves come off quite nicely. At the moment I'm using chemical resistant 9 mil nitrile gloves and I can get at least a whole month's use out of the same single pair, used every day.

I'm so glad I happened to have bought my box of nitrile's back in late February/early March before the craziness hit in my neck of the woods. There were plenty on the shelves at that time, and at their usual good price. I've barely made a dent in the box yet.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back