ricing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terr

Reaction score
hi I made some soap the other day everything was great after trace added rose fragrance and it immediatly riced I have tried re batch and stirring like mad but no success any one have any ideas apart from binning this batch ?:idea:

Did you dump all the riced batter in a crock pot and cook it? That is really not rebatching. Rebatching is taking fully setup soap, grating and remelting. I have an fo that seperates and rices badly, my procedure is to sb then let it sit awhile and see if it re-separates. If it does I stick blend the heck out of it, if it still refuses to come together, I put a lid on it and let it sit until it start to heat up and gel then sb it well again. If all that fails in goes into the crock to cook. Usually persistent stick blending will get it together. Mine will take up to 30 min to come together, and I have never had it not come together with stick blending and cooking
Rose and many other floral fo's are notorious for ricing and seizing. Sorry you are having trouble, but be persistent and you may not have to dump it. Ricing fo's are hateful

i bought it from fresh skin i told them and thet replied that it was suitable for cold process!

Oh dear, what scent was it? Their rose fragrances seizes badly. I haven't bought any other FO's from them. Oh dear, I should have read the post properly. It was the rose as well, I find I don't even like the scent either.

They probably just meant that it was skin safe, so still OK for CP. Rose/florals are just likely to rice/speed like crazy. There are a couple of great ones that I have just resigned myself to using in lotion b/c while safe in CP, they just move too fast for me to be happy using them ...

Latest posts

Back