Ricing FO: is it a problem?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreativeWeirdo

Assume humorous intentions.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, when I did my test batch of this FO, I had no problems; but maybe that's because it was too small to notice.

When I made my full batch, I saw some TINY ricing. Luckily, it started with a single layer so I tried stick blending it out, but that accelerated things a lot! My next part I was going to do a drop swirl, small colour batches, so I thought it'd be okay to just mix with my spatula. Was this a bad idea? I'll cut it tomorrow, but are there anything I should be on the lookout for? Anything that is a BAD sign? Anything that I might see, but it's okay and I can ignore it?

Thanks so much!

Here's a pic of my soap made with a ricing FO - you can see the little 'clumpy' bits in it but it was absolutely fine to use. It may be a bit weepy around the 'rice' bits for the first few days, but wait until a couple of weeks is up and then test/zap test. It should be fine. This one looked pretty bad when I was pouring it into the mold, but actually didn't turn out so bad in the end. It still smelled good, despite the spots!
IMG_7418.JPG

Latest posts

Back