Rice Bran Wax Candle?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat

Reaction score
Hey everyone - has anyone tried Rice Bran Wax for candles? I’m interested in giving it a shot. If you have, what recipe/formula did you use? I’m new to candlemaking, and I have some leftover Rice Bran Wax, so any advice would be great.

Thanks so much!

I've never heard of it, but also the only "natural" wax I use is Palm, no soy, cottonseed, beeswax, or anything like that. Just straight blended paraffin, or palm.

I've never heard of it, but also the only "natural" wax I use is Palm, no soy, cottonseed, beeswax, or anything like that. Just straight blended paraffin, or palm.
Do you like Palm? How do you clean it off things? I can't get my melt pot clean between each batch

There's an idea, thanks!
I just answered your other post on palm. :)
Welcome to the forum and to palm candlemaking. Palm is my new love in wax. I have always used paraffin, HATE soy, but am slowly but surely falling in love with palm for so so many reasons. Once you know it, it's so easy to work with.

Thanks, I did reply too:) I'm not a fan of soy, I used it years ago & quit, and am now doing candles again. I got a bunch of paraffin too, to try as well. The scent throw is awesome & I love the crystal pattern. If I can get the wicking down, I think I'll really like it!

Interested to know how the Rice Bran Wax worked out. What does it look like? Is it a hard wax?

Back