RHCP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEASoapWorks

Reaction score
Yep. I've named my new process, "Radiator Heat Cold Process".

I made a batch of Cocoa Butter soap — 10%, with EVOO, Palm, Coconut, Sweet Almond, Castor, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Milk Powder and FO.

I hand stirred — took FOREVAH to get to trace. I was tired, after almost two hours of stirring by hand, with my trusty "Soap Spoon" from MMS.

Well, my soap batter was little too thin when I poured it, and started to leak a bit from the corners of my mold. I left it alone and when I came back about 30 minutes later, it was starting to setup nicely. After almost an hour of "no gel", I got an idea: I stuck the mold on my nice warm radiator, monitored it closely. When I saw the beginning gel in the center (after about 10 minutes), I removed it from the radiator, stuck in on a shelf, and went to bed.

Next morning, it was PERFECT! I cut it before I left home, and it's curing.[/url]

Blender

SouthernEssence said:
Sounds like you need a stick blender. :lol:

I have a stick blender. I prefer to hand stir. However, that's gonna change, as I'm increasing the number of batches I'm making.

Re: Blender

NEASoapWorks said:
SouthernEssence said:

I have a stick blender. I prefer to hand stir. However, that's gonna change, as I'm increasing the number of batches I'm making.

I couldn't imagine blending by hand. I would pass out! I make 6 8 pound batches at a time though...but whatever works for you is great!!! :D

Re: Blender

SouthernEssence said:
NEASoapWorks said:
SouthernEssence said:

I couldn't imagine blending by hand. I would pass out! I make 6 8 pound batches at a time though...but whatever works for you is great!!! :D

Yep, that's why I mentioned that I'm going to go back to stick blending, because I'm increasing the amount of soap I make.

Two of my soap "idols" are die-hard hand stirrers — and both sell. Not sure what volume of soap production they do, though. Hand stirring is very relaxing to me. Plus so many people claim it's so problematic — crumbly soap, separation, etc., I just wanted to see what all the negative press was about. I love to hand stir. I get on a roll with my soap spoon, and it's a done deal! There is a technique to it, though.

I think every newbie should hand stir at least one batch of soap (not castille, though) — just to see the whole thing morph, in front of your eyes. It's fascinating to watch oils and lye turn into soap, to me anyway.

I agree! I find soap making to be a very relaxing and fascinating experience.

I hope you didn't take my comment about you needing a stick blender the wrong way. I meant no hard. :D

No!

SouthernEssence said:
I agree! I find soap making to be a very relaxing and fascinating experience.

I hope you didn't take my comment about you needing a stick blender the wrong way. I meant no hard. :D

Oh, NO! I didn't take it the wrong way! I took it as the light-hearted comment that it was! I would have said the same thing, if I didn't know the person has a love of hand-stirring :D

neasoapworks.com, is that you? You have a nice site!!!

Do you sell your soap? I'm sure you do.

When I first started selling and I opened Southern Essence I was upset that there were so many soap companied out there. I saw them as enemies...I didn't want someone else taking business away from me. But now that I found this site I realize that their aren't enough of us out there. There are so many people putting harsh chemicals and synthetic soaps on their skin and it saddens me.

A quote from my site:
Skin is the largest human organ and is the bodies first line of defense against dehydration, temperature, infection and harmful substances. Handmade soaps give your skin the care it deserves and make bathing a gentle, soothing experience.

I am now very happy that we...true soap makers can bring this wonderful stuff called SOAP to other people's lives and bodies!!!

You know NEA, I have always used a SB since day 1. Lately though, I'm finding that I just SB until I know the batter is thoroughly mixed, no lye pockets then I separate and colour the lightly traced batter. The main part of the batter I hand whisk until medium trace, pour into my slab or do an ITPS and done. I find hand stirring to be a nice time to thank the ingredients for coming together to make a fine combined product and the goat for her milk. 8)

Paul

SouthernEssence said:
I am now very happy that we...true soap makers can bring this wonderful stuff called SOAP to other people's lives and bodies!!!

Ain't it true sister, ain't it true! :D

NEA, stop calling yourself a newbie girl! You make great soap and have my utmost respect for the way you have progressed! Truly a asset to the soap making community you are! I am proud of you! :D :wink:

Paul

Soap

SouthernEssence said:
neasoapworks.com, is that you? You have a nice site!!!

Do you sell your soap? I'm sure you do.
When I first started selling and I opened Southern Essence I was upset that there were so many soap companied out there. I saw them as enemies...I didn't want someone else taking business away from me. But now that I found this site I realize that their aren't enough of us out there. There are so many people putting harsh chemicals and synthetic soaps on their skin and it saddens me.

A quote from my site:
Skin is the largest human organ and is the bodies first line of defense against dehydration, temperature, infection and harmful substances. Handmade soaps give your skin the care it deserves and make bathing a gentle, soothing experience.

No, I don't sell — yet! My blog site is SETUP for selling, when I decide to sell. That's the beauty of WordPress. I like the idea of being able to interact with folks, and sell soap. There was a big stink at another soapmaking forum, when someone decided to put out there, that I was "selling soap and still a newbie". It was incorrect info, and too may took the info as law, without checking it out for themselves. Of course, we newbies all make lye-heavy, skin melting, rock looking soap, with a trail of botched batches —sorry, I had a flashback! :lol:

Anyhow, yes it's nice of you to be honest about how you felt, in the beginning. I think a lot of soapmakers feel that way, and that needs to change. There's room for everybody, and I STILL will buy soap, from my favorite soapmakers, cuz I like them as people, and they make great soap. They inspire me to learn the craft.

People who love the craft, do their homework and never become too much of an "expert" to learn, and keep their presentation tight, will do well — I believe.

I love this statement, how very, very true;

"People who love the craft, do their homework and never become too much of an "expert" to learn, and keep their presentation tight, will do well — I believe." ----- NEA SOAPWORKS

I love this and it is so true. We can always learn each and every day. I will never, ever know enough about our beloved craft of soap making. NEA, you are inspirational to me. :)

Paul

Paul!

Soapmaker Man said:
I love this statement, how very, very true;

"People who love the craft, do their homework and never become too much of an "expert" to learn, and keep their presentation tight, will do well — I believe." ----- NEA SOAPWORKS

I love this and it is so true. We can always learn each and every day. I will never, ever know enough about our beloved craft of soap making. NEA, you are inspirational to me. :)

Paul

Awww...thanks Paul! I'm definately a newbie — and will be one, for a log time. There's way too much to learn about soapmaking! :D

@SouthernEssence,

Forgot to say "Thank You!" for site compliment! :)

Here It IS!

Here's my RHCP (Radiator Heat Cold Process) Soap: 8)

CocoaNutSoap.jpg

Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Milk Powder, Cocoa Powder, FO.

Not the color I wanted. I don't think I added enough cocoa powder. I was trying to avoid "brown suds". The color may evolve. There's vanilla in both the cocoa powder, and the FO. We shall see...

Latest posts

Back