Reusing silicone for food?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I have some food quality mini loaf molds that I used once for soap over a year ago that I'd really like to use for bread. Do you think that would be ok? I used a very small amount of peppermint EO and no colorants.

Thats what I was thinking too but I just wanted to double check. I want to make banana bread:)

Oh, that sounds good. I couldn't use pineapple as my husband would disown me but the coconut would be ok. I have to get off my lazy butt and crack black walnuts before I make anything:roll:

Good to know, since I bought a bunch of silicone molds for the purpose of soap making, but ended up not liking how the mold would bow in certain places, and this drove me nuts. I've used these molds only once or twice, and would hate to discard of them simply because I didn't like them for soaping.

I ended up using shallow wooden serving trays from the dollar store for soaping. Perfect, and with lots of surface area to play with. :)

Back