Retail Scales

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammiedennis

Reaction score
Hi...
Just wondering what retail scales everyone is using or recommending... Too many to choose from... ❤️

I use a KD8000. Not expensive but very reliable. There is also a KD7000 which is great too. I got mine on amazon. Be sure to get the plug for it too. Batteries lose their accuracy after time.

Your title says "retail scales" and I thought I'd mention the KD scales aren't certified for use in trade, meaning situations where you're selling something based on its exact weight, like at a butcher shop or jewelry store.

But if you're wanting a nice scale for soap making, I agree with the others -- you can't go wrong with the KD8000 or KD7000. I have two larger-capacity scales by the same company, My Weigh, for weighing packages for shipping. I occasionally use these in my soap making when my KD7000 doesn't have quite enough capacity.

They have all given me years of good service.

Your title says "retail scales" and I thought I'd mention the KD scales aren't certified for use in trade, meaning situations where you're selling something based on its exact weight, like at a butcher shop or jewelry store.

But if you're wanting a nice scale for soap making, I agree with the others -- you can't go wrong with the KD8000 or KD7000. I have two larger-capacity scales by the same company, My Weigh, for weighing packages for shipping. I occasionally use these in my soap making when my KD7000 doesn't have quite enough capacity.

They have all given me years of good service.
I was also going to mention the fact of retail scales.

Latest posts

Back