Restasis mold???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
So you know how we soapmakers see soap molds in everything we look at? Well, I wonder if anyone else out there uses Restasis eye drops and has used the little tub that the vials come in as a soap mold? I was about to throw the little container out today, when I looked at it and thought....."Hey, soap mold!" It's a neat shape, and even has a space for stamping. Were they thinking of soapmakers when they made this thing? I think the raised lines on the sides will look really neat. Have any of you out there used one?

restasis tub.jpg

Looks interesting. Does it have a recycling number anywhere on it? If it is a 2 or a 5 I bet it would work fine.

Looks interesting. Does it have a recycling number anywhere on it? If it is a 2 or a 5 I bet it would work fine.

It's a "3". It's nice and smooth, and being so small, I could always throw it in the freezer to help unmold. I think it's a keeper! :)

O.K., I just checked, and number 3 is PVC, the same stuff we use to make round soaps, so that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Last edited:
If nothing else, it should work for a few batches before the batter weakens the plastic if it is going to. :D

Latest posts

Back