Quantcast

Restasis mold???

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

navigator9

Reaction score
So you know how we soapmakers see soap molds in everything we look at? Well, I wonder if anyone else out there uses Restasis eye drops and has used the little tub that the vials come in as a soap mold? I was about to throw the little container out today, when I looked at it and thought....."Hey, soap mold!" It's a neat shape, and even has a space for stamping. Were they thinking of soapmakers when they made this thing? I think the raised lines on the sides will look really neat. Have any of you out there used one?

restasis tub.jpg

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Does it have a recycling number anywhere on it? If it is a 2 or a 5 I bet it would work fine.

navigator9

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Does it have a recycling number anywhere on it? If it is a 2 or a 5 I bet it would work fine.
It's a "3". It's nice and smooth, and being so small, I could always throw it in the freezer to help unmold. I think it's a keeper! :)

O.K., I just checked, and number 3 is PVC, the same stuff we use to make round soaps, so that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Last edited:

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If nothing else, it should work for a few batches before the batter weakens the plastic if it is going to. :D