Rescue snake pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She might have had a good meal while she was out in the wilderness. Rats, mice, sqirrels, birds, other snakes, with luck, my sister...

did you just wish your sister eaten by a snake? Harsh...

Eta... tho I do have a brother that is a total pain. So I can commiserate. Hahaa

I love my sister with all my heart...from a distance. She's not happy unless she's miserable. I had just listened to a 20 minute diatribe full of 4-letter words, not one of them being "love," and she never asked how I was. We are, and always have been, polar opposites. (She's the kid in a room full of toys crying because she didn't get a specific one. I'm the kid in a roomful of manure digging for the horse. 'Cause I KNOW with this much poop, there's gotta be a horse in here somewhere!) Her kids make me cherish my dogs. ROTFLMBO

Last edited:
I ended up having to take snaky to the vet today. He has belly burns from hot pavement, a possible stomach/digestive infection and possibly giardia. He is on a round of antibiotics, antiparasitics and burn cream.

Oh, poor little (or big) snake!

I admit, I am afraid of snakes, anything wiggly. I am even afraid of earthworms, which is awful for someone who likes to garden, I just scoop them up in a big shovel full of earth and move them to another part. I blame it on my sister, when we were little she figured out I was scared of worms and would throw them at me (the phobia got bad enough that when it rained my dad had to carry me to the school bus stop until I was about 10 when it rained and the earthworms came out on the sidewalk.)

I respect them in principle, can see why others love them, and wish I was not afraid - I am pretty much an animal freak otherwise - but it is hard to overcome. I am not scared of anything else on earth, I have stuck my body into the face of drunken louts and scary dogs, but an earthworm or snake will make me quiver.

I ended up having to take snaky to the vet today. He has belly burns from hot pavement, a possible stomach/digestive infection and possibly giardia. He is on a round of antibiotics, antiparasitics and burn cream.

Aye yi yi, poor guy! I hope you find the original owners, not to give him back but instead to let them know what shape he was in. Very cruel.

So, she's a he, for sure??

I'm done looking for the owner. They were careless enough to loose a snake this size in a environment where it can't survive and ultimately got sick/injured. They don't deserve him back.
Even the vets told me I should keep him and my hubby, who has always been indifferent to the reptiles I keep is very ticked off that this poor snake has suffered needlessly. He insisted I take down the found snake ads, which I already had.

I about 95% sure he is male. After having meds forced down his throat and a injection, he was mad enough too poo all over the table. I saw what I'm pretty sure were hemipenes. His vent is really sore and infected so he couldn't be sexed but I plan on getting him probed sometime to know for certain.

Back