Rescue of the day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well our time together is coming to an end. Buzzer's eye is better and partially open and he's getting anxious to fly. He still feeds from my syringe but as soon as he's finished eating he's flying around my room.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 60°F so I'm going to set him free. I'm lucky to have been able to rescue this tiny bird and I'm so happy he survived.

Attachments

• 20210325_194706.jpg
    20210325_194706.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210325_194611.jpg
    20210325_194611.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210325_194746.jpg
    20210325_194746.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 12
So I was planning on releasing Buzzer last week but we had a cold front and bad weather move in so I waited. I thought his eye was as good as it was going to get but tonight when I went to put his drops in I was so thrilled to see his eye opening! He was blinking and everything. So I'm hoping his eye is intact and functioning. I'm going to keep up with the drops through the rest of this week and then plan on another release day.

Attachments

• 20210329_210424.jpg
    20210329_210424.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 7
So I was planning on releasing Buzzer last week but we had a cold front and bad weather move in so I waited. I thought his eye was as good as it was going to get but tonight when I went to put his drops in I was so thrilled to see his eye opening! He was blinking and everything. So I'm hoping his eye is intact and functioning. I'm going to keep up with the drops through the rest of this week and then plan on another release day.

How's Buzzer doing? I hope all is going well.

So just a final update for everyone. Buzzer's eye opened and he was able to see out of it. The eyelid was still a tiny bit swollen but he was able to blink the lid and he was able to navigate quite well. He was definitely ready to fly as when I took his box outside he was chittering and buzzing to go. So on a clear warm day I took him out and opened my hand and he was off like a shot. He flew over to my fence and sat on it for a bit then took off and raced up and around the willow tree with another humminbird. Then he landed in some weeds and rested a moment before taking off and perching high up in the top of my curly willow tree. I've seen him at the feeder since then so it seems he's made a full recovery. And so ends my time with my buzzy little friend.

Oh YAY! Go, Buzzer, go. Thank you so much for this update and I'm thankful to have followed your journey to its happy ending.

Back