Repurposing/Rebatching Coconut Oil Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small Thunder

Reaction score
Aloha! I intend to try making laundry soap using 100% coconut oil (plus soda ash and borax). I would like to rebatch some of this soap into more hand/face-friendly soap by adding a bit of olive, castor or avocado oil. Does anybody know of a formula for this? For example, for X grams of 100% coconut oil soap, add Y amount of Z oil to counteract the drying qualities of the coconut oil?

I agree, it would be better to make two small batches of soap that are formulated differently. Do you have some smaller molds that you can use to make small batches for testing purposes? I often used Tupperware containers from the Dollar Store as my tester molds. They hold about 500g or ~1lb, which makes about four bars.

I agree with the others. Make another batch of milder soap. You can make small, one-pound batches to test the combination of ingredients until you get the bar that is just right for you and your family.

Back