Repurpose Rose scent soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoresoap

Reaction score
I made rose scented soap for an event and have lots leftover. I want to repurpose it but need suggestions on what fragrance to add to "Fresh cut Roses" so make it "new."

Ideas?:cry:

You can melt the soap and use it in salt or sugar scrubs and sugar bars. You can also cut shapes from the soap and use them as embeds. Shred the soap and use it in confetti soap.
Here are some EOs that blend well with rose: Mandarin, neroli, chamomile, jasmine, lavender, clary sage, geranium, ylang ylang

Is it strongly scented?

I'd imagine any strong scent would cover a lightly scented soap in rematch. If it's a strong scent maybe another flower scent or an outdoorsy ozone scent could turn it into a "flower shop" or "flower garden" scent

No experience here but I thought a "grenadine" scent might work, too. Rose + cherry and maybe a little almond. Or strawberry.

Hmm strawberry - people love my strawberry scented products. I'll try mixing the 2 together first and see what develops.
One man told me the Rose scent reminded him of a funeral home. That's another reason to change it up :)

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!

Carolyn ImageUploadedBySoap Making1464099844.050983.jpg

I make a baby powder(ish) blend with that Rose scent plus Lavender and vanilla. I would need to look at my notes for proportions.

I've made a few florals that were just too strong, even using 0.5 oz ppo and after an 8 week cure. I either chop it up or grate it then add to another batch. My favorite is a grass scent (I have BB's Grass Stain and NG's Fresh Cut Grass). When the floral is blended with grass it smells just like a flower garden surrounded by a freshly mown lawn. Really lovely!

Hmm. Nice ideas, Krista and IL -- I'll have to keep this in mind. Fresh Cut Roses is nice and people do like it, but I personally prefer something a little less floral and more green. Or like I said earlier -- mint is good too. The rose overtone adds a sweetness to the mint that is very appealing.

Also, add patchouli. Rose and patchouli are wonderful. Not to discourage adding other components to it.

I mean Patchouli EO, not FO

One man told me the Rose scent reminded him of a funeral home. That's another reason to change it up :)
View attachment 21213

I had the same reaction to "White Rose" from BB. I used it do make some Halloween (skulls, grated charcoal for dirt...) soap for my brother. I don't sell, so I can't say how it would go over with customers, but it fit our senses of humor.

Back