Report Button

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Yesterday and again today, I used the "Report" button because Newbies posted in threads with their own questions unrelated to the Title subject. I would consider this rude behavior if it weren't for the fact that they are new to the forum and don't know any better.

To prevent this from happening, I'm wondering if there's a way to generate an automatic reply when they first join the forum? It would direct them to the Introduction forum before asking questions, help with a recipe, or anything else they want to know. Just curious. 🤔

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would not stop members from posting in the wrong thread after their Introduction in that forum. Just report to the mods that it needs moving and it will be moved. No need to tell them this yourself, the mods will move it as done previously.

Prysm

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday and again today, I used the "Report" button because Newbies posted in threads with their own questions unrelated to the Title subject. I would consider this rude behavior if it weren't for the fact that they are new to the forum and don't know any better.

To prevent this from happening, I'm wondering if there's a way to generate an automatic reply when they first join the forum? It would direct them to the Introduction forum before asking questions, help with a recipe, or anything else they want to know. Just curious. 🤔

Well, isn't it nice that you read our minds. There is an email when they register and a PM when they sign in telling them about the introduction forum.
As you will find out most do not read the details of those.
OR: So many are smart and do pay attention and we never hear of them as they are doing things correctly.