"Report" box?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed a little check/tick box at the bottom of posts labeled "Report". Has this always been there? Just curious!!

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, if someone says something naughty, you can click Report, and the admins will be notified. The feds will then show up at the person's house, and ... just kidding.

But seriously, our mods and admins here do a great job of keeping a nice "tone" to the forum. Not sure how often the Report button has been used since it seems like things stay pretty calm most of the time.

Last edited:

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This is an automated reply to your message. I will be unavailable for the foreseeable future, as I am detained in a federal facility on charges of suspected trolling in a public place so as to disturb the peace and endanger national security.

Should you need assistance in the meantime, please direct all inquiries to my assistant and faithful friend @Catscankim.

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I accidentally hit “report” when I want to hit “like” when I’m on my phone (the screen is sooo small!) and I have a small mini panic attack until I close it out and apologize mentally to the member who’s post I was trying to appreciate! AND that is the only reason why I know that button is there!

Babyshoes

Reaction score
I only see "Report" no tick box.
Me too. I suspect it makes a difference if you're viewing the forum on a phone or computer. I'm on my phone. Clicking the word "report" works to report a post, so the functionality is the same, at least.

Kiti Williams

Reaction score
This is an automated reply to your message. I will be unavailable for the foreseeable future, as I am detained in a federal facility on charges of suspected trolling in a public place so as to disturb the peace and endanger national security.

Should you need assistance in the meantime, please direct all inquiries to my assistant and faithful friend @Catscankim.

LOL! I will send you a file in a cake of soap!

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The report box is especially good to report spam posters to the admins. When you click on it, a message box opens up and you can make a notation (or not) that will got the the admins so they can deal appropriately with the spammer, or whatever other thing you are reporting.

I think it's nice for the admins to know why you are reporting someone or something, to include a notation as to what you may have issue with, such as bullying, or whatever it may be.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed a little check/tick box at the bottom of posts labeled "Report". Has this always been there? Just curious!!
For me it (the Box) is only visible on some sub-forums. For example, I see it when I am reading posts in the General Business Forum, but not in post I read in the Lye-Based Soap Forum.

@earlene - would it be an appropriate use of the report box to request an Admin move a post that is obviously in the wrong forum?
Yes, I believe so, as I have done that myself in the past and did not hear otherwise. But just so you know, I am not an Admin, just a member like the rest.

rdc1978

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean, I think you really gotta think of silver linings. You can probably sell a lot of soap in the pokey....OR you can trade it for ramen, either way, win win!

Latest posts