reply to multiple people in post

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Nikolye

Reaction score
hiya, im still learning the etiquette of the forum and learning how to search so i dont re-ask questions...

i just would like to know how i reply to multiple people who post in my 1 thread without making a bunch of different post/replys.. so if i ask a long question and get multiple great replys from people, do i just write their names when im replying to them or do i click something throughout my reply to directly reply to each individual person? or do i just assume people will check and see what i said in reply? is this a really dumb question? ha! i just wanted to make sure people saw how i fixed the problems using their comments or that i appreciated their input!

thanks

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
To reply to several people at once, there's a button in the lower right corner of each post with a quotation mark and a plus sign. Click on that for all but the last post you want to reply to. On the last post click on the button that says "Quote". That will bring up a reply box with all of the responses in their own quotation mark-ups. :)

Lin

Reaction score
Yep, use that button for all posts you want to quote. But you can also reply to multiple people by using their names, or just answering things in your post without needing to put specifically who its directed to.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Like Lin has said you don't need to use the quote button for multiple replies on one post(it takes up too much space) just use their names. If replying to the post directly above you don't need to quote either.

Dahila

Reaction score
Or you could do this [ quote=xxxx ]paste the test you want to answer [ /quote] Of course not extra spaces :)

Of course you use it when you need to quote one a partial post

Last edited:

Latest posts