Replacing goat milk with aloe juice?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deedles

Reaction score
So far, all I've made is GM soap. After reporting that my first attempt at this months challenge resulted in batter too thick to drop properly, someone mentioned that the GM could be at least part of the problem. So I want to try another recipe to try to get the thin trace that LP showed in the video. I think it's time to branch out!

After reading that so many of you like aloe juice in place of water, and liking the properties of it in soap, I want to try it. My question is can I just replace the GM with the same amount of aloe juice? My recipe is....

Olive Oil - 27%
Palm Oil - 30%
Coconut Oil - 30%
Sweet Almond Oil - 8%
Shea Butter - 5%
Water - 38%
SF 5%

I'm open to all suggestions.

TIA

Ditto what Shari said^^^. I've used other kinds of liquid with success, too, such as carrot juice and cucumber juice.

IrishLass :)

Ignore TEG, plain water is sooo last season. All the cool kids are using aloe, CM and GM now. :wink:

Actually, that's a really good idea - just to see the differences. Plain water can be nice... just not as nice as milks, veggies, and aloe (spoken like a cool kid). Aloe is super-duper easy to use since there are no worries about overheating!

Thanks Everyone! Trip to Wally World later today so I'll pick up some aloe. EG...I will definitely try plain water also, for comparison if nothing else.

Latest posts

Back