Removing cylindrical soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLkoolmom5

Reaction score
Help!! I forgot to line my acrylic cylinder mold with freezer paper and now it's stuck. It's been over 24 hours since I made it. Does anyone know how to get it out?
Thanks
Laura

These are all great ideas! thanks. I'm kind of new to this soaping thing and just started doing these column cylinders a couple of weeks ago. I just bought some discs as I only had the one. But when O got them they werem too big for my cylinder, so I bought a bigger diameter acrylic tube.
Is the freezing going to crack the tube?

I got it out today! Thanks so much for all of your help. I put it in the freezer for about 2 hours, took it out and waited 5 minutes and used to soup cans to push it out. Now I'll be cutting some freezer paper liners and putting them in my cylinders ahead of time, LOL.

I got it out today! Thanks so much for all of your help. I put it in the freezer for about 2 hours, took it out and waited 5 minutes and used to soup cans to push it out. Now I'll be cutting some freezer paper liners and putting them in my cylinders ahead of time, LOL.
You can also get the thin plastic mats from the Dollar Store, and cut those to size to fit. Now you have reusable liners that don't leave wrinkles like the freezer paper tends to do. :)

If you want a thinner liner, but a little more spendy, you can buy Teflon oven-liner sheets from Amazon, and cut those to fit. Those also make wonderful liners for square or rectangular molds. I use a dab of Vaseline to get it to stick to the mold sides before the batter is poured in. :)

Back