Remilled & sugar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trish

Reaction score
Hi, can i use the sugar trick to increase lather in my remilled Goat's Milk Soap? If so when would i add it and how much would you recommend? Thanks u guys r great!!!!!

well seeing how as i explained in another topic i don't care to do rebatching/handmilling by choice, my experience is non existant and i'm not sure i can be of much help.

in the few batches i have had rebatch to fix a problem, i've found the lather to be better in the soap the second time around on it's own having said that it didn't answer your question. so here's my thought.

why if it is dissolved completely in water you couldn't use said water for the liquid you add to the grated soap before cooking it down.

rebatching & sugar

Thanks Barb, does anyone else have any idea how much sugar to add for lather, also can you use brown sugar rather than white? Just to remind you this is to be added to rebatched soap! Thanks again Trish

trish,

i use sugar at 2 T per 65 oz. oils when doing cp.

i don't know why you couldn't use brown sugar as long as it was dissolved ( if this is an oatmeal soap wouldn't maple syrup be yummy in stead of the sugar )

any sugar might effect the color, it's going to carmelize, i would venture to guess from the heat.

Thanks Everyone, I tried the sugar at a rate of 1 TBSP per 2 LB batch of my handmilling goat's milk base and the results are absolutely amazing! My soaps now have a very creamy, thick, rich lather with lots and lots of bubbles! WooHoo!!!! SOAP FORUM ADDICTS TO THE RESCUE!! I also started adding it to my Liquid Soap and it's alot better too.
Oh ya, soap scum in the sink is no longer an issue!!!

Trish,

At what point did you add it? At trace? Dissolved in a bit of water? Just wondering cause I want to try it.

Sibi

I am handmilling my soap, therefore i added it to 1/2 cup of boiling water that i used to soften my grated soap.

Latest posts

Back