Remember How My Batch Seized? It Actually Turned Out! Pic Included

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wrote previously how I had a tea tree/lavendar essential oil cold process batch seize up like the dickens. A very, very, very wise fellow soaper (DeeAnna) on the forum advised me that perhaps it would not be a disaster when I cut it...and she was correct!!!

I mashed lavedar buds on top of the soap to hide the mushed up mess that was the top and then put it away in shame. I eventually got up the nerve to cut it. Holy crow! It may not have been what I had hoped to do, but golly gee Wally, it turned out beautifully considering it was one step away from soap on a stick!!!

Turns out it *was* the off-brand tea tree oil I used. Went back to look at the reviews, and yup. Each review for soap spelled disaster. Most likely wasn't an essential oil at all, or at least not a pure one. I had bought it when I started soaping...from Amazon...before I had much sense or knowledge in my head. I just had never used it and used it blindly.

Good news it it turned out and I'm honestly floored. I won't gift it out in case there is something untoward in the tea tree oil, but I will at least sacrifice my own skin out and use it myself to see how it does.

Woot!

Attachments

• 20200112_155303.jpg
    20200112_155303.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
That really DID turn out pretty. I can't tell you how many times I've had this same thing happen to me -- glad my advice "don't judge before you cut" worked out!

I wrote previously how I had a tea tree/lavendar essential oil cold process batch seize up like the dickens. A very, very, very wise fellow soaper (DeeAnna) on the forum advised me that perhaps it would not be a disaster when I cut it...and she was correct!!!

I mashed lavedar buds on top of the soap to hide the mushed up mess that was the top and then put it away in shame. I eventually got up the nerve to cut it. Holy crow! It may not have been what I had hoped to do, but golly gee Wally, it turned out beautifully considering it was one step away from soap on a stick!!!

Turns out it *was* the off-brand tea tree oil I used. Went back to look at the reviews, and yup. Each review for soap spelled disaster. Most likely wasn't an essential oil at all, or at least not a pure one. I had bought it when I started soaping...from Amazon...before I had much sense or knowledge in my head. I just had never used it and used it blindly.

Good news it it turned out and I'm honestly floored. I won't gift it out in case there is something untoward in the tea tree oil, but I will at least sacrifice my own skin out and use it myself to see how it does.

Woot!
What brand of tea tree oil did you use? It would be helpful to know as I had a batch of lavender, tea tree, and peppermint siege like crazy and wonder if it was the tea tree.

Latest posts

Back