I wrote previously how I had a tea tree/lavendar essential oil cold process batch seize up like the dickens. A very, very, very wise fellow soaper (DeeAnna) on the forum advised me that perhaps it would not be a disaster when I cut it...and she was correct!!! I mashed lavedar buds on top of the soap to hide the mushed up mess that was the top and then put it away in shame. I eventually got up the nerve to cut it. Holy crow! It may not have been what I had hoped to do, but golly gee Wally, it turned out beautifully considering it was one step away from soap on a stick!!! Turns out it *was* the off-brand tea tree oil I used. Went back to look at the reviews, and yup. Each review for soap spelled disaster. Most likely wasn't an essential oil at all, or at least not a pure one. I had bought it when I started soaping...from Amazon...before I had much sense or knowledge in my head. I just had never used it and used it blindly. Good news it it turned out and I'm honestly floored. I won't gift it out in case there is something untoward in the tea tree oil, but I will at least sacrifice my own skin out and use it myself to see how it does. Woot!