Remelt m&p

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loran

Reaction score
I made a batch of M&P a while back when I first started and used the hand held cutter. The cuts were crooked and the soap looks horrible! So I’m wondering if I could remelt them and pour into single molds instead? I used a mixture of honey base, goats milk and Shea.

Hooray!!!!!!!!!! This makes me super happy I’m tempted to get out of bed and go do that now 😂 thank you so much!

I would melt at the lowest temp. possible as your soap has probably already lost some moisture.

I would melt at the lowest temp. possible as your soap has probably already lost some moisture.
Do it the same way? Double boiler style? Perhaps even cut the soap up into even smaller sizes to help the little fellas melt better? You can see the blue soap we used oats in it and they all sank to the bottom! That was aggravating too so hoping to remelt those ones too to get the oats to float properly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 5
The oats will float if you add them when the soap has cooled down a little. You can do this in a melting pot or in the mold. (I don't know why this is in bold type). If it looks lumpy after you poured into the mold, spritz with rubbing alcohol. Good Luck

Next time try using a suspension base. That might keep the oats from floating. You can also grind up the oats before adding to the M&P base.

Back