Relaxing after soapmaking

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regansoap

Reaction score
Hi everybody had a lovely day making soap - photos to follow - thought you n
Might like to see my little dog Georgie waiting on bench for his lead to be put on.

1445454357218.jpg

Ohhhhh......I want a dog so badly! Look at that little face. I told myself that as soon as I retired, I'd get a dog, but things have been so hectic since then, it wouldn't be fair to a little pooch, not to have enough time to spend with him/her. Things will be settling down soon, and I'm telling myself that spring would be a good time to get a dog. I still worry about the cats.....Mimi is older and not in the best of health, I hope it wouldn't be too much stress for her. Georgie makes me very anxious to have a pup. Hope the two of you enjoyed your stroll!

Ohhhhh......I want a dog so badly! Look at that little face. I told myself that as soon as I retired, I'd get a dog, but things have been so hectic since then, it wouldn't be fair to a little pooch, not to have enough time to spend with him/her. Things will be settling down soon, and I'm telling myself that spring would be a good time to get a dog. I still worry about the cats.....Mimi is older and not in the best of health, I hope it wouldn't be too much stress for her. Georgie makes me very anxious to have a pup. Hope the two of you enjoyed your stroll!

If you're going to rescue/adopt, ask the shelters you visit if they allow a trial period. We tried out about seven dogs before we found one that wouldn't try to eat our cat, lol.

If you're going to rescue/adopt, ask the shelters you visit if they allow a trial period. We tried out about seven dogs before we found one that wouldn't try to eat our cat, lol.

That sounds like a good idea. I rescued one of my cats from a parking lot, and went to the Humane Society to get another one to be company for her. It's been over 10 years, and they still hate each other as much as that first day!

Navigator9 get a little dog - my son's got a dog same as Georgie - he also has two cats they all get along really well - if anything the cats terrorise the dog nothing can beat the welcome you get from a dog even if you have only been out for 5 minutes.

What an adorable picture! I want to just reach out to pet him and snuggle him! Aw!

Animal shelters often have problems placing "older" dogs. Everyone wants a puppy. If I had older cats, I would put a call into the shelter asking them to notify you if they get a small older dog that is already house trained. They do get them when the previous owners go into nursing homes or pass away.

Susie I know what you mean. My sisters told me that I should consider a younger dog if I got one considering my child is still young. But I would actually prefer an older dog that I didn't have to train. It's also easier to find an older dog in the shelters and so many of them need homes and some of them are fantastic with children.

That sounds like a good idea. I rescued one of my cats from a parking lot, and went to the Humane Society to get another one to be company for her. It's been over 10 years, and they still hate each other as much as that first day!

I had a similar situation. Adopted two kittens from a shelter at the same time, figuring they could grow up together and be besties. It was hate from first glance and never got better, lol.

I had a dog, got a kitten, no problems (bigger dog too). Then I got another kitten when the first one was about 6. Dog was in heaven and loved the kitty but it took a month before the two cats would even go near each other, now all is well! It just seems to depend on the personality of the critters...

Pug mom - hi no its a "jug" jack russell/pug he is a total little git!!!! Will only do what he wants but we love him he is so cute -

Latest posts

Back