Reintroducing myself

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! I've been a member here for a long time, but have been AWOL for a few years. I had some big changes happening and just didn't have time for the forum or much soap making. I've been missing it for a long time and with my stash of soaps dwindling (finally!) I decided I need to make time and space for my soapy obsession.

My name is Michele, I'm in northwestern Pennsylvania. I have 4 kiddos, 2 adult boys and a 9yo daughter and 7yo son. I spend most of my warm weather time off outside in the sun, kayaking, swimming, gardening. I also love to read and paint during our long, cold winter months.

I originally started making soap because of scent triggered migraines and skin issues. I have dyshidrotic eczema and generally dry skin. Using high lard soaps has helped a lot. So I'm glad to be back and am looking forward to my first batch in ages!

I originally started making soap because of scent triggered migraines and skin issues.
Me too. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't started making soap in 2003! It's truly been not only a joy that keeps on giving but a life saver as well.
I have dyshidrotic eczema and generally dry skin. Using high lard soaps has helped a lot.
Oh ouch! That sounds dreadful. I'm so happy to hear that lard soap brought some relief. I'm a big fan of lard as well. I even recommend it for teenage acne... with a little tea tree EO mixed in. :):thumbs:

Hello, @mx6inpenn, and welcome back to the forum. Another lover of lard in soap: although I'm free from any serious skin issues I love to make soap for those less lucky with their skin. And of course to test new recipes, colours, scents, patterns, ... never get bored with soap!

Latest posts

Back