Refined Coconut Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamahido

Paladin of Soap
Reaction score
Does it really make a difference in regards to refined or unrefined coconut oil? If anyone could share some of their personal experiences I would appreciate it.

Does it really make a difference in regards to refined or unrefined coconut oil? If anyone could share some of their personal experiences I would appreciate it.

I don't think it makes a difference in soaps. One doesn't clean any better than the other but one can be a whole lot cheaper in the grocery stores. If you were talking about lotions or cooking, I would tell you to get the virgin CO, where it would really matter for your skin (unless you hate the flavor CO oil gives or if you want a more neutral taste). Unlike soap, which rinses off, lotions would absorb into your skin and you would reap the full natural properties of the CO oil. If you're cooking with it, you would get a greater nutritional benefit than a topical application could ever give you.

Back