Red struggle

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmtree

Reaction score
So I was asking some questions on how to make an awesome red and I'm glad I did cause I almost used beetroot which would have gone brown! I used a combo of colors to get a kind of dark cherry red. It was a double batch one loaf honey/almond and one loaf cherry/almond. I'm in love with both! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1394393040.630896.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1394393055.533039.jpg
I'll have to clean up the honey almond a bit as I had a bit more than I thought I would. I'm so pleased with them.

they look yummy! i esp love the one on the right!

red is a very tricky color. i swear it is the hardest color to achieve!

What gorgeous, rich colors! Very sophisticated! You did an awesome job!
Cheers!
Anna Marie

I can't decide which one I like better . . . awesome swirls on the top pic and love the textured top on the second!

I recently made a batch with Australian red clay from New Directions. Very happy with the outcome . . . it's a nice deep, brick red so hoping it doesn't bleed when I get to use it.

I love New Directions! I just got a big
Order from them. They sent me a lovely orange geranium cream cleanser for free and I love it lol. Anywho, I'm gonna have to try that clay. I love playing with clays and use them frequently.

Thanks everyone!! It was a 35lb soap day for me lol. I was exhausted. It was the most soap I've done in a day before. I filled 6 essential depot molds. I'm gonna be in a couple shops and fleamarkets so I had to step up my game lol I'm gonna do another 35lb later this week. My poor husband was like 'I haven't seen you all day!'

So heres a pic of the cherry almond. I just love love it! Didn't do the honey almond yet as it's a bit soft still. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1394486377.151033.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1394486397.689459.jpg
I threw in a pic of the lilac-one in the back (which became soap on a stick but I was able to glop it in for the most part), and then sun dried cotton in the front. I'm super pleased but I'm really waiting on my energy do loaf with bright colors and three double IPT's. Can't wait!

Just beautiful! Lovely color choices and big swirls. Keep up the great work! I never get tired of looking....:)
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Thanks everyone! Let's just hope I can recreate the cherry almond lol I may soap the lilac with full water next time to try and do an IPT which is what I wanted to do before soap on a stick. Dang florals! At least I was expecting it!

Back