Red Palm Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robosqu1d

Reaction score
Hello

I can get hold of Red Palm Butter from Asda (I think that's what it is - the jar says "Unrefined Palm Oil" and it's cheap, bright orange with a fluffy solidness, similar to coconut oil). I can't find 'real' palm oil anywhere, except online and don't wish to pay the postage.

Anyway, I've made soaps using red palm butter, and although they're nice and firm with a good lather, they come out pale yellow (5%) to yellowy-orange (20%) so I'm wondering if I use some titanium dioxide, will it remove the colour and give me white? I've ordered some titanium dioxide but it's on the slow boat from China.

Also if I added some blue or pink mica colour, what would happen? I'm happy to experiment but if anyone can save me from a batch of brown sludge I'd be grateful! :thumbup:

I doubt if you can get a white soap with red palm oil. If you add too much titanium dioxide you will get crackling in the soap. Why not just embrace the color? You can always go with brown, orange or red color.

Back