Red or White?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided that, since we live in the Okanagan, which is wine country, I'd make some Okanagan themed soaps. I've made beer soap before, using a local beer so this was a natural progression. Here are my two wine soaps, red (Merlot Madness, scented with Merlot FO and White Wine Whimsy scented with Champagne Kisses). Both use local wines as part of the lye water (1/2 water and 1/2 wine). It's all about the label appeal in this case.

20200601_200611.jpg
20200601_200632.jpg
20200601_105003.jpg

IRL I can't drink them anymore unless the alcohol content is lowish. I tend to prefer blushes (Cider or Wine) IRL too. As far as the soap goes, I'm not choosing as long as it feels and smells nice. I'd take both.

I decided that, since we live in the Okanagan, which is wine country, I'd make some Okanagan themed soaps. I've made beer soap before, using a local beer so this was a natural progression. Here are my two wine soaps, red (Merlot Madness, scented with Merlot FO and White Wine Whimsy scented with Champagne Kisses). Both use local wines as part of the lye water (1/2 water and 1/2 wine). It's all about the label appeal in this case.

View attachment 46605View attachment 46606View attachment 46607
I like both.... the white is refreshing spring looking, the darker bar is very rich looking and good for fall n Xmas!!

Back