Red coloring - tough to find!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time finding a "fire engine" red or cherry red color for soaps. I would love something natural for this but will settle for synthetic coloring. What I need for my next batch is something to make pink (strawberry color) but I really need something that will make a solid red for future batches.

I did have some candle colorings that were red, yellow, blue and they were VERY concentrated wax-like bars (probably like 1000:1 ratio for coloring wax to make a very solid color in the candles - so it was pretty strong). I've seen similar coloring blocks at Natures garden for soaps but don't know if they are the same/similar to candle coloring

What do you use for red coloring?

i use a red clay powder, but it gives a more brick red colour. also, if you put too much, the suds become red, which might gross people out since it's almost blood-like

Try a neon red. After morphing, they stay pretty red. I got mine from a lady on fb, but I believe nurture has them also.

I use red oxide with a bit of bright pink, or red oxide with a bit of tomato red. I can get a really pretty red with them. This was the Red Oxide with tomato red

Soap cut.jpg

Nurture's will only give a true red if the soap is gelled. If ungelled, the color is a very bright pink, bordering on red but not quite there.

Last edited:
American Soap Supply has a fire engine red mica. I use it a lot! No morphing. All of the mica I have tried from there work great.

Back