Red Clover Tea Fragrance Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticjanis

Reaction score
I hope somebody can help me. My customers LOVE my red clover tea goat milksoap (cold process) but.......from day one, I've always used Symphony Scents red clover tea fragrance oil. Love the scent but I HATE the way it acts in my soaps. It's the only fragrance oil that acts up. I end up with swirls of white and/or blotches of white. (I usually use BB fragrance oils but that red clover tea from Symphony Scents is such a hit).
Does anybody know a comparable fragrance oil supplier/company that sells the exact same smelling red clover tea? Thanks in advance.

I use the same fragrance and have never had an issue with it. I make all milk soaps. I soap as cool as I can and get great results all the time. It's a great seller for me

That's when I add mine. To the oils before the lye. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1473106051.367903.jpg

This is the last one I made about two months ago.

That's incredible! I've been making goat milk soap for seventeen years and I have never added the fragrance oil into the oils before adding the milk/lye mixture! Never even heard of it. Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how it works out. BTW, doyou add all your fragrance oils to the oils before the lye mixture???

Beautiful soap, by the way.
Do you also use BB sage &lemongrass that Rice's? I've been adding fo to some saved out oils before adding at end. Would the same process of putting the fo in the main oils prior to lye mix work for ricing? (BB Sweet Pea also Rice's on me).

When to add fragrance oils?

Does anybody else add their fragrance oil to the oils before adding lye mixture? If not, why not? Is it detrimental to the soap making process?

Does anybody else add their fragrance oil to the oils before adding lye mixture? If not, why not? Is it detrimental to the soap making process?

When you add the scent depends on the scent. By the time the soap batter reaches trace, a significant amount of the lye has already reacted and the pH dropped significantly. If the FO is not lye sensitive, then you can add it whenever you want. The more lye sensitive it is, the longer you want to wait before adding it. I think most of us work by feel based on how the FO behaves. You have to try to see what works for you and the ingredients you're using.

I've been adding FO's before the lye for ages, one less thing to forget later! BTW RCT from Symph is one of my best sellers too, I add ground oatmeal to mine :)

Back