Recommendations for a Power Inverter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
Does anybody use a power inverter for their displays? I have a Christmas show coming up and they want your booth to be decorated Christmas-y. I'm wanting to run a few strings of lights and maybe two 3-4 foot trees. I can't get electricity to my booth. For one, it's $50 for electricity on top of a $125 booth fee, and two, you can only get electricity if you have to have it for your craft.

Is this going to be a daytime affair? indoor or outdoor? what I am trying to get at is, do you actually need electricity? strings of lights and lighted trees will only beautify your stall in a relative darkness isn't it? If this fair is indoors and its going to be dark without lights, it doesn't make sense that they are charging extra for providing electricity, it should be a built in. If its a daytime, outdoor fair, you might need to think of alternative decorations better suited for daylight.

Can't help with the inverter question but I have used a battery operated tree and lights. My tree is an optic tree about 3 feet and I have several battery light strings that I use on my table. And yes, you can see them indoors from my experience. I use them for one of my 2 days shows in December.

Is this going to be a daytime affair? indoor or outdoor? what I am trying to get at is, do you actually need electricity? strings of lights and lighted trees will only beautify your stall in a relative darkness isn't it? If this fair is indoors and its going to be dark without lights, it doesn't make sense that they are charging extra for providing electricity, it should be a built in. If its a daytime, outdoor fair, you might need to think of alternative decorations better suited for daylight.

Indoors, but under a tent. I usually have an overhead light in my booth and even outside on a sunny day it adds just a little bit of ambiance, which is mainly what I want Christmas lights for. Not to mention, with them being under a tent, my booth will be shadowed, so I think it could use the little extra light.

Can't help with the inverter question but I have used a battery operated tree and lights. My tree is an optic tree about 3 feet and I have several battery light strings that I use on my table. And yes, you can see them indoors from my experience. I use them for one of my 2 days shows in December.

I agree, shunt. I found battery-powered light strings, but my trees aren't. I haven't decided if I want to light them yet or not, though

You could always do "old fashioned Christmas" type decorations-ribbons with big bows, boughs of greenery, holly wreaths, tree with strings of popcorn and ribbons, candles (unlit)...etc.

Does anybody use a power inverter for their displays? I have a Christmas show coming up and they want your booth to be decorated Christmas-y. I'm wanting to run a few strings of lights and maybe two 3-4 foot trees. I can't get electricity to my booth. For one, it's $50 for electricity on top of a $125 booth fee, and two, you can only get electricity if you have to have it for your craft.

I was just looking for battery LED lights. I found this site:
http://www.flashingblinkylights.com...s/light-up-products/light-up-decorations.html

I have a small battery that i picked up at a Walmart in the camping section. It's small and has an ac and DC plug. For Xmas lights I would look for battery op if you can but the portable power is great to have! Google it you will find lots of options. This pack is silent

Back