recommendation for fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneP

Reaction score
I have a few fragrances that have vanilla, but I'd love a couple of recommendations for some without vanilla, that hold well in CP and sell well. Slow tracing would also be lovely! I'm nowhere near selling soap, but I figure if it sells well, my friends and relatives might like them as well.:)

Thanks!
June

Energy from BB works great as does Bite Me, Hummingbird, Mango Sorbet from NG and BRV and Cranberry Citrus from Peak. Those are just some that come to mind. Anything floral or spice related can tend to move a bit quicker. Also read the descriptions on any fragrances you purchase from vendors as many list the amount of vanilla and how they act. Keep in mind that sometimes recipes can play a part in being quick to trace. I pretty much soap at RT and it works well for me.

What is RT?

Thanks I'll check those now. I have Energy on order; but some of the others those sound delicious (like the Mango)! I can see a soap with a peach, white and green combination. Excuse my newbie ignorance, but what is RT?

Thanks!
June

Room temperature to slow trace

My last CP soap was traced in the high 80's, but it wasn't a slow trace recipe. Is there any negative to tracing at the low (in my case 73-74F) temperature?

Thanks,
June

Back