Recommendation for first website?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I donated a bunch of soap at the start of the pandemic - to put in donated food bags. People are asking the organizer for more, or to buy. So - how about a simple, but not amateurish webpage! The purpose would be to have photos of the soap, maybe a little blog type entry about them. Possibly add a shopping cart if I do really sell. Thoughts?

I donated a bunch of soap at the start of the pandemic - to put in donated food bags. People are asking the organizer for more, or to buy. So - how about a simple, but not amateurish webpage! The purpose would be to have photos of the soap, maybe a little blog type entry about them. Possibly add a shopping cart if I do really sell. Thoughts?
I like wix.

I have a WordPress site that is a pain, and I am not someone who shies away from technology, either. So I agree with the other recommendations to use something like wix, weebly, or square for something that won't require a bunch of your time or a huge learning curve. I do use Square for accepting payments; to me, it is infinitely more user-friendly than PayPal.

I had a Weebly site that linked to Square Online. I recently switched to just the Square Online as it was the same price as Weebly and my customers were not using the Weebly content. I recommend it as it makes it easy to manage one platform, especially if you do shows or any type of sales in person. It will also allow you to send payable invoices for custom orders or people who would like to pickup but don't want to handle cash. There is a transaction fee (I believe it's 2.9% of the total sale + 30cents), which can be easily handled by properly pricing your products. I take it into consideration when setting prices.

Thank you everyone!

Okay, I'll definitely skip on WordPress - I am not tech savvy.

I poked around on Wix and Weebly. It seems I'm going to have to learn to take photos. The best non-phone camera I have is 10 years old!

Latest posts

Back