recipe thought before i go ahead

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off-topic: I've added "squick," "squicked," and "squicked out" to my vocabulary. That's a very good word.

I get the squickiness. Before I made soap, the thought of putting animal fat on my skin was as unfamiliar as it was gross. However, my tune has changed dramatically. So much so that I make a salve made with tallow that I put on just about everywhere...even my lips.

Off-topic: I've added "squick," "squicked," and "squicked out" to my vocabulary. That's a very good word.

I get the squickiness. Before I made soap, the thought of putting animal fat on my skin was as unfamiliar as it was gross. However, my tune has changed dramatically. So much so that I make a salve made with tallow that I put on just about everywhere...even my lips.
Now that's got me squicked out!

What is squicking about animal fats on your skin? Technically, your body does this all the time anyway! We even have an industry (and an underground DIY scene :cool:) that cultivates plants like olive trees, castor beans or coconut palms, to combine their tallows with electrochemically split sea water, just to repeatedly wash off those animal fats from our animal skins. Isn't that squick?

What is squicking about animal fats on your skin? Technically, your body does this all the time anyway!

It's personal. One person's squick is another person's (whatever). There is nothing wrong with that. We each have a right to be intensely disgusted by whatever intensely disgusts us. It is what it is. No judgment necessary.

Back